Sunday 17 January 2016

It was snow joke at Cranford Park today

Ever since Lynne, one of the Secret Garden volunteers, suggested I make a Cranford Park calendar, I have been desperate for snow as I have so little wintry Cranford Park photos. So this morning I was up early with hope in my heart....
 
Snow ? It was a smattering. And far from what I had hoped for....
 
 
The wood circle looked a little better....

 
My favourite perch looked ok.....

 
My priority today was to get a photo of a Robin in the snow. The kind of thing you see on the predictable Christmas cards. Did I ? Did I duck !
I had to make do with sharing my breakfast with the usual pair of Magpies....
 
 
There was a Goldcrest near the circle, but as is always my luck with these tiny fast moving birds, it was a case of 'spot the bird'.....
Can you see it ?
 
 
Can you see it now ?........

 
The huge tree that came down last week has now been sawn up...
 
 
The wild Honey Bee hive was dormant.....

 
A Great Tit was sifting through a pile of leaf litter looking for tasty morsels....
 

 
But apart from the reliable Magpie, I could find no birds on snow. No Robins came out to perch on snowy covered branches. No Wrens wanted to stand on a snowy covered post. So I had to make do with some natural things that were in snow and that weren't going to fly away.
 
So we have Turkey Tail fungi in snow.....
 
 
 
Candlesnuff fungi in snow....
 
 
and some picturesque moss......in snow......
 


 
I could only find one spiders web today, and luckily for me it had melted snow on it.....
 
 
What snow there was, was already melting.....I couldn't even get a photo of Holly in the snow...
 
 
I cheered myself up with a fungi finding walk, and found another new Candlesnuff....
 

and a new batch of Jelly Ears....

 
The Velvet Shanks by the river are past its best now, but still quite colourful.....
 
 
My favourite teeny tiny Eyelash fungi on the old fallen log, is definitely spreading....


and even if there was no snow on it, it is still very pretty to look at through a macro lens....

 
So yes, I was a little disappointed today. I had really hoped for some wintry nature shots of birds for the calendar.
 
Fingers crossed today isn't the only day we get snow this winter.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment