Friday 3 November 2017

Feeding the Parakeets at Kensington Gardens

Feeding the birds at Kensington Gardens is not a new thing for me, I've been doing it for years, however for Stella this was a whole new experience. I think I enjoyed myself more today watching Stella than I did anything else. Armed with monkey nuts and apples we had a lovely time and I only got bit a couple of times !
 
Lots of photo opportunities and all the ones of me were taken by Stella.....



 


 





 


 
We'll be going back next month to hopefully hand feed the smaller birds.
 
The male Black Swan is back again. He sometimes spends time at one of the other royal parks...

 
There were plenty of Black-headed Gulls around but without their summer 'brown' heads....

 
I'm very fond of Cormorants. There is something about their ugly faces that really appeals to me.....



 
One of them couldn't decide in which position he/she was more comfortable.....
 

 
The Starlings that loiter by the Dell restaurant are very used to people, and often sit on your table as you're eating. The adults are looking particularly colourful at the moment...
 
 
A Heron had landed on an old tree and the Grey Squirrel wasn't very happy about that. Risking it's life several times it tried to move the Heron on, but the Heron won in the end and the Squirrel retreated....

 
 
We also saw Ralph, the man behind the daily blog (read it here) and heard a Little Owl calling several times. It was only a short visit so we didn't check out the sighting of the Firecrest. It was just a very pleasant way to pass a few hours and with great company.
 
Thanks Stella. Maybe we need to bring more food next time ? Haha


 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment